Skip to main content

Independence University Closure Information and Student Resources

Updated August 24, 2021

This page provide updates and relevant information to students affected by the August 1, 2021 closure of Independence University. This page is intended to publish information that students affected by these events can use to continue in their program and/or apply for loan discharges or restitution. The page will be updated as information is received.  Please check back.

US Department of Education information for Independence University students on transfer and closed school loan discharge options, and on obtaining academic records.

US Department of Education FAQs about school closures.

8/5/2021 ACCSC Guidance for CEHE Students

8/11/2021 update for SEVIS students

Transfer School information

For information on exploring transfer credit options, select a school below. Information or links are provided for online and IVC programs as well as on-ground programs.


NOTE: The more information you can provide about the courses taken, the easier it is for a new institution to evaluate credits for transfer. In addition to a transcript and a catalog course description, course syllabi are important documents for transfer evaluation.