What is an Educated Person? Conference XXIV
Taking Action on the Completion Line: Structural Issues
October 29, 2021 8:30 a.m. – 2:30 p.m.
Building on previous conference themes identifying opportunity gaps in Gen Ed completion, this year we address structural issues to promote equity in Gen Ed completion.
Register for the conference
- Dr. Cia Verschelden (AACU)
- The Bandwidth Cost of Uncertainty: How Depleted Cognitive Capacity Hinders Student Learning and What We Can Do to Help Them Recover
- Using Dr. Verschelden’s framework, six breakout sessions address how the structure of Gen Ed can better support equity. Participant contribution is encouraged.
- Active Learning
- Concurrent Enrollment
- Success, Equity, Pedagogy
Distinguished Invited Panel
- A distinguished panel will share their perspectives on equity issues in Gen Ed and comment on proposals from the breakout sessions
- Dr. F. Ann Millner (Utah State Senator)
- Dr. Astrid S. Tuminez (President of UVU)
- Dr. Julie Hartley (Associate Commissioner of Academic Education, USHE)
- Dr. Cia Verschelden (AACU and keynote speaker