The Board of Regents has named a 21-member committee to conduct a national search for the next president of Weber State University. Dr. Charles A. Wight, president of Weber State, announced Jan. 18, 2018, that he planned to step down as president effective May 1, 2018. An interim president will be named by that time.
The search committee will be co-chaired by Regent Jesselie Anderson and Weber State Board of Trustees Chair Nolan Karras. It is comprised of representatives from the Board of Regents, trustees and institutional stakeholders including faculty, staff, students, administration, alumni and community members.
“Weber State University exemplifies the purpose and quality of a dual-mission university, including providing educational access and excellent teaching and playing an active role in its community. We carefully selected the members of the search committee to ensure each has a strong connection to Weber State and is dedicated to the future of the institution,” said Daniel Campbell, Chair of the Board of Regents. “I appreciate the willingness of these committee members to lend their time and expertise to this process.”
Below is a complete list of the Weber State presidential search committee members:
Board of Regents
- Jesselie Anderson, Regent and Search Committee Co-Chair
- Marlin Jensen, Regent
- Bob Marquardt, Regent
- Cristina Ortega, Regent
Weber State University Board of Trustees
- Nolan Karras, Trustee Chair and Search Committee Co-Chair
- Kearston Cutrubus, Trustee Vice Chair
- Danielle Croyle, Trustee and WSU Alumni President
- Lola Moli, Trustee and Student Body President (2017-18)
Weber State University Administration, Faculty, and Staff
- Adrienne Andrews, Assistant Vice President and Chief Diversity Officer
- Nicola Corbin, Assistant Professor, Communication
- David Ferro, Dean of College of Engineering and Applied Science & Technology
- Doris Geide-Stevenson, Faculty Senate Chair and Professor, Economics
- Leslie Loeffel, Davis Learning Support and Student Services Director
- Lonnie Lujan, Staff Advisory Council Chair
- Madonne Miner, Provost
- Craig Oberg, Professor, Microbiology
- Susan Thornock, Chair and Professor, School of Nursing
- Steve Petersen, Chair and President, Petersen Inc.
- Steve Starks, President, Larry H. Miller Sports & Entertainment
- Bob Stevenson, Mayor, Layton City
- Kevin Sullivan, Ret. General and Former Commander, Ogden Air Logistics, Hill Air Force Base
The presidential search committee will hold public meetings this spring to obtain input from the Weber State community and the general public on the presidential search. Details of these meetings will be available mid-March 2018.
Based on feedback obtained in the public meetings, the committee will approve a position announcement and call for nominations and applications. The committee will then screen applications for the position and conduct interviews with candidates. After deliberating, the committee will recommend three to five finalists to the Board of Regents. The Board of Regents intends to name a new president by the end of 2018.