The Utah System of Higher Education is excited to announce the second annual StepUP READY application and grant funding process. In supporting Utah’s student success and college completion goals, with funding provided by the Utah State Legislature, the Utah System of Higher Education (USHE) invites grant applications from partnerships between school districts/local education authorities (LEAs) and Utah not-for-profit higher education institutions in an effort to increase the number of Utah’s public high school students who graduate college-ready and enroll in a post-secondary institution.
All grants require a robust partnership between the LEAs and the not-for profit higher education institution to ensure effective and intentional efforts surrounding college preparation, enrollment, and first-year transition.
The application begins with the submission of a Intent to Apply form. USHE will then solicit applications from among those applicants. After submission, all full applications will engage in a two month “consultation period” with USHE to align grant goals, objectives, and outcomes.
- $500,000 of state appropriated monies available*
- Grants may be awarded up to $50,000***
- All grantees agree to enter into a data-use agreement with USHE
- Grants require a 50% match (can be in-kind)
- Proposal review to be completed by a committee appointed by the Commissioner of Higher Education
- K-16 Alliances are eligible to apply
- Renewal invitations may be extended based on performance outcomes (2015 Recipients are not eligible to apply in this funding cycle)
* If funds are granted to a higher education institution, they will be sent directly to the institutional budget office. Institutional policy may require coordination with your Office of Sponsored Projects.
** Additional funds up to $25,000 per grant will be available through the College Access Challenge Grant (CACG). These additional funds will be available to LEAs and USHE institutions whose programs focus on underrepresented students. This may include first-generation, low-income, or other under-represented students, including women in STEM.
|July 2, 2015||Extended Intent to Apply notice due (mandatory)|
|July 27, 2015||Grantees notified with invitations to apply & full RFP available|
|August 12, 2015||Technical assistance call (mandatory)|
|September 9, 2015||Application due|
|October 2015||Consultation period|
|November 6, 2015||Selection announcement|
|December 2015 - January 2016||Grantees sign agreement|
|January 2016||Grant monies released|
|January - December 2016||Implementation|
|June 2016||First Interim Report due|
|January 2017||Second Interim Report due|
|April 2017||Data Analysis and Final Report due|
For questions, contact:
Christie Fox, PhD
Office of Outreach and Access
Utah System of Higher Education