The office of the Commissioner is excited to announce the first annual Alan E. Hall Innovation for Undergraduate Student Success Award.
A biennial award given to a faculty or staff member or collaborative team at each of the eight USHE institutions, the award is given to support initiatives with clearly defined and well-conceived innovative strategies that are intended to improved undergraduate student success.
- Reward an innovative strategy leading to student success that is likely to be highly effective and replicable and which can be launched, augmented or advanced with an investment of $5,000
- Highlight the work of innovators to develop a culture of innovation among Utah’s institutions of higher education
- Draw attention to effective innovations at USHE institutions
The awardee or awardee team at each USHE institution will receive $10,000: $5,000 direct award to the faculty/staff member(s) (split equally between team members if a team is the awardee) and $5,000 to be placed in an institutional account for the staff/faculty awardee or awardee team for the advancement of the highlighted innovation (Innovation Implementation and Augmentation Fund). Nominations of an awardee team shall clearly identify the individual member of the team who will be designated to serve as the person managing the Innovation Implementation and Augmentation Fund for the team.
- January 5, 2015 – Nominations due to institutional Chief Academic Officer (CAO) or Chief Student Services Officer (CSSO) with Chair or Division Head approval signature completed
- February 2, 2015: Applications of two potential awardees per USHE institution due to USHE Academic and Student Affairs Associate Commissioner from the Chief Academic Officer of the institution
- March 27, 2015 – Award recipients announced
Download the Nomination form (Microsoft Word Doc) or PDF
For more information contact an institutional Chief Academic Officer, Chief Student Services Officer, or the USHE Academic and Student Affairs Office.